Dear Friend of Liberty,
I want to congratulate the Libertarians who won their races on November 3.
Additionally, I hope you'll read this thank you note from one of our candidates, Matt Cholko, who did not win. I found his note to be particularly instructive and inspiring, perhaps inspiring enough to get you to run for office in 2010.
A big thank you also goes out to all of the volunteers, donors, and family members who supported Libertarian candidates.
The following Libertarians won their elections on November 3:
- Karen Richardson was re-elected to the City Council in John's Creek, Georgia.
- Roger Fritz was elected Mayor of Roland, Iowa.
- Bill Lynn was elected as an Alderman in Davenport, Iowa.
- Nick Taiber got 46% running for City Council in Cedar Falls, Iowa, so he advances to a runoff on December 1.
- Andy LeCureaux was re-elected to the City Council in Hazel Park, Michigan.
- Dan Halloran was elected to the in District 19 (Queens). He was cross-nominated by the Republican, Conservative, Independent and .
- John McAlister was re-elected to the City Council in Gahanna, Ohio.
- Michael J. Robertson was elected Supervisor in Licking Township, Pennsylvania.
- Berlie R. Etzel was elected Constable in Ashland Township, Pennsylvania.
- Timothy A. Russell was elected Mayor in Emlenton Borough, Pennsylvania.
- Larry Allen Boyle was elected Mayor in Polk Borough, Pennsylvania.
- James Fryman was elected Auditor in Victory Township, Pennsylvania.
- Paula L. Meddings and Chad M. Roberts were both elected to the Borough Council of Houston, Pennsylvania.
- Susan Haythornthwaite was elected Auditor of Abbott Township, Pennsylvania.
- Cathy A. Beeman was elected Auditor of , Pennsylvania.
- Randall R. Schwabenbauer was elected Oil City Area School Director in Pennsylvania.
I also want to thank all the other Libertarians who ran for office. We have posted a list of results on the website.