Monday, August 24, 2009

U.S. Debt Clock

I thought about creating some clever articulation concerning the proceeding visual. I cannot, and any measure to do so would only aggravate this financial tragedy. I only ask that you look at it, and then question whether our government looks out for "We the People." Question if the amount given to Brazil for offshore drilling, $2 billion, is a sound investment for the United States. If by some unknown factor you are not moved by this; or perhaps you are of the opinion the government can still fix our economic disaster with its present course - I say to you that you are intellectually dead.

The graph below is a blank representation of the U.S. Debt clock, click on it and it will take you to the figures in real time.





















In support of other bloggers to share their viewpoints, I would like to offer,
The Conservative Hideout 2.0. Take some time and look at this blog, read
some articles, and post some comments. Thank you
.

4 comments:

Dr. Dave said...

God, I just hate to see that crap.

On a good note, I'm glad to see you're publishing very offensive curse words over in your sidebar (and thank you for the link, sir).

the Liberty Pen said...

Thank you for the comment.

And how could I not link to one of the greatest writers I know???

Forgotten Liberty said...

Amazing. It's sickening to see everything laid out like that. One thing that caught my attention was the defense, social security, and medicare/medicaid part. The entire defense budget is only about 60% of the combined SS and medicare/medicaid budget! I thought a multi-billion dollar aircraft carrier was expensive but it's nothing compared to the entitlement programs.

Jason said...

This is a great site that you have here. It's important that you have a site that focuses on both sides, so keep up the good work. I have a site myself where people can voice their opinion and debate on some of the most controversial topics out there today.

Anyway, good work and maybe we can do a link exchange or something.

Sincerely,
Jason